Posted by Roger Robertson on 6/3/2020


Mercer County Schools announces our sponsorship of the federally funded Summer Food Service Program. Breakfast and lunch will be open to all children, ages eighteen (18) years and under, who would like to participate.  

Meal packages containing five days of breakfasts and lunches will be at the following sites for pick-upBluefield Intermediate School, Princeton High School, Spanishburg School, and Montcalm Elementary School on Wednesdays starting June 10, 2020 at 10:30 a.m.  Any parents/guardians who come to one of the pick-up locations is asked to pull in and open the trunks of their vehicles for easy loading.  

A nutritious meal is important for children to learn, play and remain active during the summer months. Remember, Hunger Doesn’t Take a Summer Vacation.  

For more information about the Mercer County Schools Summer Food Program, please call Krista Kessinger: 304-487-1551 ext. 1255. 


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

(1) MAIL: U.S. Department of Agriculture 

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 

1400 Independence Avenue, SW 

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 

(2) FAX: (202) 690-7442; or 

(3) EMAIL: 

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.