Using the West Virginia Standards for High Quality School for continuous school improvement at Lashmeet/Matoaka School our core beliefs are:
- Creating a positive climate and cohesive culture where the staff shares sound educational beliefs and values, with high expectations for all.
- Distribution of leadership among staff, students, and stakeholders for improved school performance.
- Delivering standards-based curriculum that enhances the unique qualities of each learner with differentiated instruction, assuring all students attain essential knowledge, skills, and dispositions to function in a global, digital society.
- Student well-being is top priority in making decisions and providing support services to address students’ physical, social-emotional, and academic growth with a strong emphasis on Reading/Language Arts, math, critical thinking, writing, and collaboration.
- Positive connections to families and communities are formed through Title I parent involvements, various classroom activities, PTO, LSIC, and opportunities to volunteer within the school.
- Staff members participation in self-reflection, collaboration, and evaluation leads to professional growth and development and positively impacts student learning.
- A collective commitment to collaboratively identify, plan, implement, monitor, evaluate, and communicate the changes necessary to continuously increase student learning.